Work with us!
Love Angus & Celeste and think you might be a great addition to our team?
Head of Sales and Operations
Angus & Celeste are a much loved, local Melbourne based ceramic label. We are on a journey to create original, beautiful and functional objects that accentuate and add life to all types of spaces, in which people live and interact.
We design our own distinct style of fascinating and highly crafted ceramics. Since our inception in 2007, we have grown to be a brand synonymous with quality and individuality, always striving to make objects that are both functional and useful in daily life. Working from the values of originality, sustainability and appreciation, we are dedicated to creating ‘Modern Collectables’ that are timeless in their aesthetic and made to last.
We are a small team of passionate people, located at our warehouse/head office/showroom in Ferntree Gully in Melbourne’s Outer East, near the Dandenong Ranges.
2021 will see us reaching for the stars and taking our small business forward with excitement and enthusiasm.
About the role
We are looking for someone to rapidly become an integral part of the Angus & Celeste world. You will embrace and champion the Angus & Celeste brand and enjoy being a part of our unique home-grown ethos. You will be a passionate player who quickly sets to work to understand the marketplace and build the brand within it, because that’s what you LOVE to do!
You will naturally want to be a part of it all, because you understand what it means to work for a small family business.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a multi-skilled “generalist” with Operations and Sales experience. You will be given full responsibility for running the operations and sales functions for our fast-growing company. The role will involve complete accountability in the areas of Sales, Customer Service, Administration, Inventory Management, Warehousing and Logistics.
You will be the beating heart of day-to-day operations working collaboratively with every member of the team, supporting them to excel in their given roles. You will be in charge of managing container receivables, warehousing, quality control and safety procedures. This includes identifying areas needing process improvement, setting up processes & systems, developing and implementing improvement projects.
The role will take ownership of the entire customer experience. Your written and verbal communication skills are exemplary. You are a natural conversationalist and good listener. You are able to both give and receive feedback.
You will develop and drive strategies for sales’ growth through online and wholesale channels, both local and international, across existing and new accounts. You will work closely with the founders of the company and lead a team of 4 staff and a number of contractors. You will be responsible for attracting and retaining staff, personal development, /managing KPIs, performance reviews and HR policies. You bring to life our company values and cultivate a ‘can-do’ culture.
Skills and experience
To be qualified for this role, you will need to have as a minimum:
- 3+ years of people leadership experience.
- Prior experience working in a fast growing small (family) business or start-up.
- Have been responsible for the operations and logistics for direct-to-consumer or B2B orders.
- Extensive experience in sales and account management, with a proven track record of growing revenue.
- Understanding of the ceramics industry is not essential, but you have an appreciation for interiors, homewares, plants, fashion, art or other design-based industries.
In addition you will also be:
- A natural leader. You take full ownership and manage effectively between directors, managers and staff.
- A solutions-focused problem solver. You are super organised and have great time management skills.
- Commercially savvy, with strong networking skills. You think in opportunities, and are comfortable to (up)sell.
- An inquisitive mind. You are curious, a quick learner and confident to mentor.
- A hands-on, get-stuff-done person. You are happy to step in and help out, you tend to pick up the phone instead of sending an email.
- You will have exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Positive, trustworthy, fun and authentic. You have a contagious energy that inspires the people around you.
What we offer
You will work alongside the two founders and be directly involved in shaping the business. As such, your role will grow with the company and there will be ample opportunities for development., We offer:
- A solid base salary + performance-based incentive
- We welcome part-time employment, but minimum 4 days per week
- Flexible working hours
- Angus & Celeste products at discounted prices
- Lush plant filled office
- Office only minutes from parks, 1,000-steps and the Dandenong Ranges
What you need to send us
- A cover letter that incorporates the below questions. (Please note that we consider cover letters to be highly important, as they tell us a bit about WHO you are!)
- An up to date CV that demonstrates your relevant work experience.
This position is located in our Ferntree Gully Head Office and remote working situations will not be considered. It is necessary that all applicants have a genuine appreciation and interest in what we do.
A few questions for you…
To apply for the role, please address the following questions in your cover letter:
- Have you worked for a small business before? What did you learn from that experience?
- Have you been responsible for growing the sales and operations’ functions of a business? What was the main challenge?
- Could you please tell us something interesting about you in less than 100 words?
Email your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
Applications Close: 24th January 2021