Hanging Planter Care
Angus & Celeste guarantee the strength, durability and craftsmanship of the ceramic bowl in all of our trademarked hanging garden products*. They are crafted from high-fired, vitrified porcelain.
The stainless steel cabling system is designed to be strong and durable, and is manufactured to be long lasting. However, in certain circumstances they may deteriorate quicker depending on the environment in which they are hung. These cable systems have been thoroughly load tested to sufficiently accommodate the weight of soil, plant and watering.
We accept no responsibility for poor hanging solutions, weak hooks, rusty nails or inadequate installation.
Prolonging your Hanging Planter’s life
Please note that the following tips will help prolong the life of your hanging system.
- If using outdoors, avoid hanging in ultra windy environments such as high-rise apartments or verandas where the planter might be likely to swing/move in the air for long periods of time.
- Make sure that should a planter swing/move, that it cannot come into contact with any surrounding walls, posts, or other objects in the environment.
- In choosing to install hanging planters in outdoor coastal environments, please note that the cable system will not last as long as those hung in protected indoor spaces. Naturally occurring salt in the seaside air will corrode cables quicker.
- Excessive watering, combined with some potting mixes, can trap salts in the cables. This is due to the fertilisers or minerals that can be present in the soil and as a result may contribute to corrosion.
- Angus & Celeste design their trademark hanging planters to have plants potted directly into the non-porous ceramic bowl. A drainage hole with plug allows for indoor use. We recommend filling your bowl with high quality potting mix to a level slightly below the rim of the bowl. This will avoid the cables sitting in damp soil, which may accelerate corrosion of the steel.
- Should tea staining or minor rusting occur, use an organic solvent to clean with a soft brush. Rinse well and dry. To replace or update the hanging system during the ownership of your planter, simply visit our website. Cable sets can be affordably purchased within the accessories section of this website.
*guarantee not applicable to bowls that are dropped or accidentally smashed.